The Behavior Specialist will provide consultation and support to non-public schools and Intermediate Unit staff and will provide small group support for students within the non-public schools.
- Current Board Certified Behavior Analyst or PA license for Behavior Specialist
- Master’s Degree in education, mental health or a related field
Functions and responsibilities:
- Provide consultation to non-public schools and Intermediate Unit staff for students with behavioral concerns
- Develop recommendations and suggest strategies to classroom staff, such as positive behavior supports, intervention strategies, to support students within the classroom environment
- Utilize behavior assessments and interpret data to provide recommendations
- Provide support for small groups of students to develop social skills, self-monitoring skills, self-regulation, and other positive behaviors to enhance student academic growth
- Establish a collaborative/coaching relationship with all stakeholders
- Participate in team, school, and department meetings
- Assist with staff development
• Complete application and attach all required documents and apply via this website to IntermediateUnitemail@example.com or send all documents via US mail to 1305 Muriel Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15203
Your application packet will be screened and reviewed by the program administrator. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted regarding an interview date and time.
If you are selected as a finalist for a position, you will need to have the Medical History Appraisal form and a tuberculosis (TB) test completed. You will also need to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 and provide the original documents you wish to submit to establish employment identity and work authorization. Please do not have the above mentioned items completed unless you are directed by IU personnel.
Physical and TB results within the last three months of receipt will be accepted if they are recorded on the Medical History Appraisal form. Dates of results longer than three months of receipt will not be accepted.